The Culture of Life Group is a recently formed group consisting of people concerned about pro-life and culture of life issues facing society today. The mission of our group is to gather and disseminate information on pro-life and culture of life issues so that we can be more pro-active and encourage others to be active within our parish and our community.
We meet once a month except during the summer, generally from 10:30 a.m. to noon on a Wednesday. Our meetings consist of an opening prayer, presentation and discussion of pro-life and culture of life issues and discussion of our participation in current and upcoming activities relevant to our group.
In addition to our monthly meetings, we participate in a Cenacle of Life where we spend a Holy Hour of Adoration before the Blessed Sacrament on Wednesday’s from 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. We pray the Rosary and Divine Mercy Chaplet in reparation and for an end to abortion.
Some of the activities we participate in are:
- 40 Days for Life Campaign
- National March for Life in Ottawa – (2nd Thursday of May)
- Witnessing outside the Cabbagetown Women’s Clinic adjacent to Aid To Women
- Life Chain – on a designated Sunday in October
- Maintain and update a church bulletin board display of pro-life and culture of life messages
If you would like to find out more information about our group or you are interested in becoming a member, please contact us.
Contact: Lina Vanin 416-743-6219