Every year in September, the church invites children in Grade 2 to prepare for their First Holy Communion. Here at St. Benedict, we are proud to offer a Parish-Based Communion process called Come to the Table.
This process was developed according to the guidelines provided by our Toronto Archdiocese. It engages parents and children in various gatherings including a family interview, a church tour and a Rite of Illumination, and eventually a series of catechetical sessions.
Come to the Table is for a child in Grade 2 who:
- is baptized in the Catholic Church or other Christian Church
- participates at Mass weekly at St. Benedict Church on Saturday evenings or Sundays,
- prays at home regularly in the family,
- receives religious education at a Catholic school and
- will prepare for and celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation before celebrating First Holy Communion
First Reconciliation is celebrated during Lent.
First Communion is celebrated at various Sunday Masses during the Easter season.
Registration forms are available at the parent meeting in September.
Contact: Antoniette Pace